Terms & Conditions
- Welcome to the SEED Platform.
We may change these terms from time to time. If we do, we’ll let you know about any material changes, either by notifying you on the Site or by sending you an email. New versions of the terms will never apply retroactively — we’ll tell you the exact date they go into effect. If you keep using SEED platform after a change, that means you accept the new terms.
- About Creating an Account
You can browse SEED Foundation without registering for an account. But to use some of SEED platform’s functions, you’ll need to register, choose a username, and set a password. When you do that, the information you give us has to be accurate and complete. Don’t impersonate anyone else or choose names that are offensive or that violate anyone’s rights. If you don’t follow these rules, we may cancel your account.
You’re responsible for all the activity on your account, and for keeping your password confidential. If you find out that someone’s used your account without your permission, you should report it to email@example.com
To sign up for an account, you need to be at least 18 years old, or old enough to form a binding contract where you live. If necessary, we may ask you for proof of age.
- Things You Shouldn’t Dos stuff.
Many people use this portal. We expect all of them to behave responsibly and help keep this a nice place. Don’t do any of these things on the Site:
- Don’t break the law.Don’t take any action that infringes or violates other people’s rights, violates the law, or breaches any contract or legal duty you have toward anyone.
- Don’t lie to people.Don’t post information you know is false, misleading, or inaccurate. Don’t do anything deceptive or fraudulent.
- Don’t offer prohibited items.Don’t offer any rewards that are illegal, violate any of SEED Foundation’s policies, rules, or guidelines, or violate any applicable law, statute, ordinance, or regulation.
- Don’t victimize anyone.Don’t do anything threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, tortious, obscene, profane, or invasive of another person’s privacy.
- Don’t spam.Don’t distribute unsolicited or unauthorized advertising or promotional material, or any junk mail, spam, or chain letters.
- Don’t harm anyone’s computer.Don’t distribute software viruses, or anything else (code, films, programs) designed to interfere with the proper function of any software, hardware, or equipment on the Site (whether it belongs to SEED Foundation or another party).
- Don’t try to interfere with the proper workings of the Services.
- Don’t bypass any measures we’ve put in place to secure the Services.
- Don’t try to damage or get unauthorized access to any system, data, password, or other information, whether it belongs to SEED Foundation or another party.
- Don’t take any action that imposes an unreasonable load on our infrastructure, or on our third-party providers. (We reserve the right to determine what’s reasonable.)
- How The Platform Works
SEED Foundation provides a support platform for creative businesses and budding entrepreneurs in Africa who require small capital of not more than $1000 (N360,000). When an entrepreneur requests for support on the SEED 100 portal, he is inviting people to support him/her raise capital to start or expand his/her business.
SEED 1000 Project is focused on supporting young Africans below the age of 40 who have businesses that have potential create jobs and transform economy of Africa. We have strong bias for businesses that are digitally driven.
- Giving and receiving support through SEED platform.
These are the terms that apply:
- Your support to any business or entrepreneur is a free-will donation to the entrepreneur/business and not to SEED foundation. It is a gift and it is not refundable or repayable.
- The SEED capital is a grant and not a loan, the beneficiary is however obliged to use it only in the specified business as indicated in the request.
- The capital raised is given to the entrepreneur less the bank charges and payment service charges where applicable.
- Where the capital is for purchase of equipment, SEED foundation may directly arrange for the purchase of the items or make payment directly to the seller.
- Things We Are Not Responsible For
SEED Foundation isn’t liable for any damages or losses related to your use of the Services. We don’t become involved in disputes between users, or between users and any third party relating to the use of the Services.
Creating an account on SEED 1000 Portal is free. SEED foundation is a not for profit organization and does not charge for helping budding entrepreneurs in Africa raise capital, however some support funds are received through payment providers. These are independent service providers and may charge for these services, such fees by third party service providers will be borne by the fund beneficiaries.
- Other Websites
SEED Foundation may contain links to other websites. (For instance, project pages, user profiles, and comments may link to other sites.) When you access third-party websites, you do so at your own risk. We don’t control or endorse those sites.
- Your Intellectual Property
SEED Foundation doesn’t own content you submit to us (your “Content”). But we do need certain licenses from you in order to perform our Services. When you submit a business idea for review, you agree to these terms:
- We can use the content you’ve submitted.You grant to us, and others acting on our behalf, the worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sublicensable, transferable right to use, exercise, commercialize, and exploit the copyright, publicity, trademark, and database rights with respect to your Content.
- When we use the content, we can make changes, like editing or translating it.You grant us the right to edit, modify, reformat, excerpt, delete, or translate any of your Content.
- You won’t submit stuff you don’t hold the copyright for (unless you have permission).Your Content will not contain third-party copyrighted material, or material that is subject to other third-party proprietary rights, unless you have permission from the rightful owner of the material, or you are otherwise legally entitled to post the material (and to grant SEED Foundation all the license rights outlined here).
- Any royalties or licensing on your Content are your responsibility.You will pay all royalties and other amounts owed to any person or entity based on your Content, or on SEED Foundation’s hosting of that Content.
- You promise that if we use your Content, we’re not violating anyone’s rights or copyrights.If SEED Foundation or its users exploit or make use of your submission in the ways contemplated in this agreement, you promise that this will not infringe or violate the rights of any third party, including (without limitation) any privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights, or any other intellectual property or proprietary rights.
- You’re responsible for the stuff you post.All information submitted to the Site, whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, is the sole responsibility of the person from whom that content originated.
- We’re not responsible for mistakes in your content.SEED Foundation will not be liable for any errors or omissions in any content.
- SEED Foundation’s Intellectual Property
SEED Foundation’s Services are legally protected in various ways, including copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents, trade secrets, and other rights and laws. You agree to respect all copyright and other legal notices, information, and restrictions contained in any content accessed through the Site. You also agree not to change, translate, or otherwise create derivative works of the Service.
- Deleting Your Account
You can terminate your account at any time through your account settings. We may retain certain information as required by law or as necessary for our legitimate business purposes. All provisions of this agreement survive termination of an account, including our rights regarding any content you’ve already submitted to the Site. (For instance, if you’ve submitted a request, deleting your account will not automatically remove the submission from the Site.) You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information or to request page deletion (this is not available in all circumstances).
- Our Rights
SEED Foundation reserves these rights:
- We can make changes to the SEED platform and Services without notice or liability.
- We have the right to decide who’s eligible to use SEED platform. We can cancel accounts or decline to offer our Services. (Especially if you’re abusing them.) We can change our eligibility criteria at any time. If these things are prohibited by law where you live, then we revoke your right to use SEED platform in that jurisdiction.
- We have the right to reject any donation to any business, at any time and for any reason.
- We have the right to reject, cancel, interrupt, remove, or suspend any account at any time and for any reason.
SEED Foundation is not liable for any damages as a result of any of these actions, and it is our policy not to comment on the reasons for any such action.
- Warranty Disclaimer
You use our Services solely at your own risk. They are provided to you “as is” and “as available” and without warranty of any kind, express or implied.
SEED FOUNDATION SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND ANY WARRANTIES IMPLIED BY ANY COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, OR USAGE OF TRADE. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION (ORAL OR WRITTEN) OBTAINED BY YOU FROM SEED FOUNDATION SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY.
If you do something that gets us sued, or break any of the promises you make in this agreement, you agree to defend, indemnify, and hold us harmless from all liabilities, claims, and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and other legal costs) that arise from or relate to your use or misuse of SEED 1000 portal. We reserve the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to this indemnification clause, in which case you agree that you’ll cooperate and help us in asserting any defenses.
- Limitation of Liability
To the fullest extent permitted by law, in no event will SEED Foundation, its trustees, employees, partners, suppliers, or content providers be liable for any indirect, incidental, punitive, consequential, special, or exemplary damages of any kind, including but not limited to damages (i) resulting from your access to, use of, or inability to access or use the Services; (ii) for any lost profits, data loss, or cost of procurement or substitute goods or services; or (iii) for any conduct of content of any third party on the Site.
- Dispute Resolution and Governing Law
We at SEED Foundation encourage you to contact us if you’re having an issue, before resorting to the courts. In the unfortunate situation where legal action does arise, these Terms (and all other rules, policies, or guidelines incorporated by reference) will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the federal republic of Nigeria.